What did you do on your airplane project today?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
It's always a good thing when you have an excuse to buy new tools.

dwalker

HBA Supporter
My son and I built a new hot box for my epoxy. That is to say, I built the box and he, being 11, decided it was a great day to shoot his pellet rifle in the back yard.
I don't have the door hardware or thermostat, so just put a piece of foam over the front for now. Should have everything needed to finish it tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
What's the wattage on the lamp and how hot does it stay in there? Lotta stuff to lose if there's a power outage.

dwalker

HBA Supporter
What's the wattage on the lamp and how hot does it stay in there? Lotta stuff to lose if there's a power outage.
I'm not worried about the light going out, I'm an a bit concerned about the bulb being a little too hot and damaging the bottles leading to a pool of epoxy on the floor. I have a terrarium thermostat coming that should work very well to control the temp.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I replaced the tailwheel leaf spring on my Hatz. It was a Champ spring which is 1½" wide, after a while it would relax and the tailwheel would start shimmying and gradually get worse. I replaced it with a Citabria spring which is 1¾" wide but otherwise identical, so it should be 17% stiffer/stronger. Went flying afterwards, much better. I can still make it shimmy if I pull the stick all the way back so "don't do that". Hopefully it will hold up better.

gtae07

First time working on it in almost five weeks, between work and traveling every weekend. Got the (removable) right hand stick wired, assembled, and terminated with a connector.

Next up is the left hand stick, gluing the canopy, finishing the remaining wiring in the cabin area, and wiring the panel/switches.