What did you do on your airplane project today?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Did some stuff with tubes.

Rolled some stainless sheet for my exhaust augmentor tubes, and found a nice $19 bellmouth online. Normally, I'd spin it or mold it myself, but for $20 bucks the choice was easy.

Also built a mold for the inlet bellmouth for round 2 of my induction system. A pair of 3 inch tubes is going to feed my airbox from the bottom of my cooling inlets. I have a lot more than $20 bucks of time invested in that steel and bondo male mold, I'll tell you!

tubes.jpg

gtae07

Labeled the panel
Updated my to-do list so hopefully it keeps me on track better (self-diagnosis is dangerous but my wife thinks I may really have some level of ADHD, which would explain the disorganized state of my workshop and my propensity to skip around between different tasks so frequently)
Made my first wire harness (ADAHRS splitter)
Still trying to place avionics components and figure out wire routing--hard to do when the wires and half your components are invisible.

Next up: finish placing avionics components, build an ELT mount, run the rest of the wires to the tail area, and rivet on that skin.

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
too far to turn back now. Current fiberglass exhaust duct is history.

ducts.jpg

Fitting the stainless tubes now. The 5" diameter tubes just BARELY fit the OML of the cowl.

tube.jpg

gtae07

Finally just said “**** it” and nailed down locations for the last avionics components. From here out, I’ll make it work.
Reworked a bit of my forward wiring conduit so things work better.

malte

Reinstalled the avionics yesterday. Looks a bit like a Frankenplane, but the complete panel update is postponed until the other projects are also flying. I can't stand that at the moment I have 4 aircraft to my name, but none is flying...
1613553681921.png

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Worked on the jet. I have a new motivation and I'm looking to get the thing in annual and flying.

Working on the canopy seal and hydro reservoir pressure system. Removed about 50 pounds of ancient Russian junk.

bottles.jpg

don january

Log Member
Very busy. Between stitching the controls and covering the tail group I've been trying to heat form a windscreen for the T-mono. Doing a inventory on needed fittings for fuel tank and getting the 2mm Fuselage ply ready to glue on and of course waiting for some Poly fiber materials for covering. fuel tank shield.jpg

gtae07

Built up a couple more wire harnesses and started feeding them through the conduit to the tailcone. That took a while as the pull string kept coming loose 😠

Trying to finish up the tailcone area so I can rivet that skin and get back to the panel area for now. Looks like the weather may be warming up soon so the canopy might bump up the list.