• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What Constitutes a "Political" Post?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhAnElBirds

I have empathy for the moderators who have an unpaid job herding cats.

This isn't meant to be a criticism, I am relatively new here and seek guidance.

I understand that political discussions (as well as religious ones, or ones on the relative merits of Michigan State vs the University of Michigan) can lead to unpleasant conversations. But where does a discussion about a subject concerning a regulated activity become political? I ask because I don't want to waste my time typing things that you will waste your time deleting.

Lisa

(From OED)

pol·i·tics
/ˈpäləˌtiks/
noun

1. the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power...
  2. The activities of governments concerning the political relations between countries...
  3. The academic study of government and the state...
  4. Activities within an organization that are aimed at improving someone's status or position and are typically considered to be devious or divisive...
  5. The assumptions or principles relating to or inherent in a sphere, theory, or thing, especially when concerned with power and status in a society...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back