Quantcast

What are you designing, building, flying or interested in?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

robertl

I met two couples camping in the Classics area at Oshkosh. They had a table, chairs, two big ice chests, a camp stove, lanterns, two big tents, etc. I looked at the 7AC and the 150, and they just chuckled. They had shipped all their stuff, and needed no baggage capacity.

BJC
I checked into that a couple of years ago with UPS, it was expensive. I haven't checked with other carriers but it may be worth my time. It sure would be nice to have just some clothes and a cooler to pack.
Bob

Dantilla

If you decide to part with the BD-5 let me know.
Like most partially-built BD-5s, this one has been through a few different owner/builders.
Some of the workmanship is pretty good.
Some workmanship is adequate for safe flight.
But in a few areas, the workmanship is: "You've got to be kidding!"
Rivets will be drilled, new parts will be made, and after a few steps backwards, progress can resume forward.

For all of Bede's advertising about how simple it is to build, there is an enormous amount of fabricating to be done by the builder, especially comparing it to the RV-7 "Ikea plane".
Both are fun. I really enjoy the build process. ...most of the time.

Starflight

Saskatchewan..."GO RIDERS"(pride)where's my banjo?
Yes; I am still at it. Building parts for a modified lighter weight VP-2 (non-authorized original build). Most noticeable difference will be the wing span increase, plus a reduction in chord (aspect ratio 7.46 : 1). Just finished painting the aileron cable pulley boxes I finished 2 weeks ago :)

Reactions: BJC

robertl

Yes; I am still at it. Building parts for a modified lighter weight VP-2 (non-authorized original build). Most noticeable difference will be the wing span increase, plus a reduction in chord (aspect ratio 7.46 : 1). Just finished painting the aileron cable pulley boxes I finished 2 weeks ago :)
Would like to see some pictures.

joolkano

I love wooden airplanes and I'm working on a design and build inspired by the Cessna 140 & Luscombe 8 but built with wood using modern construction techniques of cold molding much the same way modern wooden boats are built like the Van Dam boats. Just imagine a classic airplane design like the 140 finished in this manner. Plus, with modern engine & avionics.

Van Dam boat 01.PNG
Van Dam boat 02.PNG

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I love wooden airplanes and I'm working on a design and build inspired by the Cessna 140 & Luscombe 8 but built with wood using modern construction techniques of cold molding much the same way modern wooden boats are built like the Van Dam boats. Just imagine a classic airplane design like the 140 finished in this manner. Plus, with modern engine & avionics.
Please, please, please start a build thread here on your design!