• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What are epoxy fumes made of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

I assume from the lack of bubbles and the ability to glue laminates together that the fumes are simply the vapors of the liquids and not the product of the reaction. Am I correct? Do both product and reactants give off fumes, or just one or two?

What chemical is the fumes?

How dangerous are the fumes if I'm working indoors for 3 hours and try to keep the pot covered while applying with a stick?

What temperature does the product have to be to reach a full cure? My plan is to mix and apply and let cure at ambient temperature, which might be outdoors at as low as 60 degrees at least during application.

Is it safe to store a laminate in a bedroom to let it fully cure over night, after it was applied outdoors?

Thanks.

Back