Quantcast

WELCOME HOME JAKE!!

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Jman

Site Developer
Thanks guys, it's much appreciated. I was amazed at how many folks from HBA wrote me while I was over there to let me know they supported me. It was a long 15 months but knowing there were people out there who understood and were keeping me in their prayers was a huge boost for me.

As for Roswell? I don't think they let my kind of helicopter near Roswell. The Alien head on top of the Rotor might get another "controversy" started...;). Thanks for the offer though!

I've literally got the family waiting in the van for me so I've got to run. We are heading down to a small fly-in near Fulton NY. Supposed to meet XJ-35 down there.

etterre

Thanks guys, it's much appreciated. I was amazed at how many folks from HBA wrote me while I was over there to let me know they supported me. It was a long 15 months but knowing there were people out there who understood and were keeping me in their prayers was a huge boost for me.
There's a flip-side to that, too. It was nice to see your posts show up here and know you were still safe. Thanks for serving!

Rom

Jake,

It is good to have you out of harms way and back in the states.
Welcome home.

Mark

Jman

Site Developer
Well, the good news is that it's been about 30 days now and I'm starting free up some time to devote to HBA. My wife, Belle, has even agreed to help out around the site and is even excited about building an airplane! Talk about a dream come true! We're still pretty busy with the move coming up in a few weeks. Oh yeah...I might not have mentioned I'm moving back down to Ft. Rucker Alabama for 7 weeks and then east over to Savannah Georgia for a few years. My entire unit is being moved to Hunter Army Airfield which is pretty much right in Savannah and about 40 minutes from Fort Stewart. Fort Stewart was our first duty station back in 1994 so we kind of know the area. We're pretty excited to be getting out of the lake effect snow region and into something a little warmer. I guess Belle got a little tired of shoveling 20 feet of snow over the course of my deployment. I don't know why...didn't seem that bad to me from the pictures she sent...:gig:.

Well...I'm off to post about the fly-in we attended yesterday. Met some nice folks...even Xj-35 from this site. It was a good time.

Craig

Well Jake, when you get to Savannah, and I get up to Roebling Road Raceway (just west of Savannah, in Pooler), I'll stop by and give your project a free Tech Counselor visit!

Jman

Site Developer
Well Jake, when you get to Savannah, and I get up to Roebling Road Raceway (just west of Savannah, in Pooler), I'll stop by and give your project a free Tech Counselor visit!
I look forward to it! Actually Pooler is the community we will probably end up settling in. It's convenient to Hunter Army Airfield and it's not too far from the glider club up that way. How often do you make it to the raceway?

Captain_John

Welcome back, Jake!

Say, I am planning on flying out to Oswego. Do you plan on attending their pow wow?

Lemme know!

:) CJ

Jman

Site Developer
Hey John, Thanks. How was your epic trip?

The only thing I'm tracking right now is the fly-in at Oswego Co. on the 12th and 13th. I really really want to make it down there but our household goods are getting packed on the 10th, 11th, and 12th and we head out of town on the 13th. I do have tentative permission from my bride to stop over on the 13th as we pass by on our way out of town. So we might be there for a couple of hours. But you know how that kind of thing goes.

If that's the pow wow you are talking about it would be great to finally meet you in person and give you your building videos. I just had them in my hands about an hour ago thinking about putting them in the mail.

If you get a chance, a trip report would be awesome!

Craig

Jake, I get up to Pooler once or twice a year if I am unlucky - as a race steward, tho, I have to take the assignments given. It is a loooong drive up I-95. Still, now that you are there, I'll make an exception. They usually have a driver's school in February or March, and a National race close to July 4th.

re the algae process - it is all proprietary info, and they ain't sharing!

RacerCFIIDave

I look forward to it! Actually Pooler is the community we will probably end up settling in. It's convenient to Hunter Army Airfield and it's not too far from the glider club up that way. How often do you make it to the raceway?
I have spent many a weekend in Pooler... At one point in the Mid-'90s I had both halves of the Roebling Road lap records... 4 wheels (Ralt RT-5 VW Formula Atlantic) and 2 wheels (Kawasaki ZXR750RR)...

It will seem somehow familiar to you...Pooler in Summer is nearly as hot as Iraq... :ponder: A few years ago July 4th weekend I measured the track temperature at 154 F...it was 111 F under the shade of the umbrella on my pit cart...eeek!

At least there are fewer morons with AK-47's.....

Dave

Dave