• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Weight of EFI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJW

Electronic fuel injection versus carburetion—there are innumerable arguments concluding one or the other is the “best” way to go for an aero engine. But one argument I’ve not seen is one comparing the weight of the two types. Any opinions? The reason I ask is because I’m converting a V6 from EFI to a carbureted motor (don’t ask why). I noticed while removing all the EFI stuff and chopping up the EFI intake manifold, that I had quite a big heavy pile of stuff on the ground when I finished. The pile didn’t include most of the wiring or the computer. I didn’t weigh all this stuff but it occurred to me that the EFI installation could be substantially heavier than a simple 2-barrel carb setup. Thoughts? Experience?

Rob

Back