Quantcast

Weedhopper Reviews?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

samyguy

Yes; I have, but I am now, breaking the habit. I had 3 of them. Landed well,dead stick, good thing.
2 axis control, Flew nice in less 10mph wind.
Crosswind not recommended.

pwood66889

20190322_160749.jpg 20190322_160755.jpg Just your basic barn find. "Some assembly required." Like all the fuel lines desintegrated, etc. Can't tell what kind of engine with 5-belt drive it has. I'm sure Earnie flew one, Bill, as he has just about every thing else in that genre.

b7gwap

I think Chotia made his own engines for these. If you want one with ailerons, check out the chotia gypsy.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
A friend had one when I was in to powered paragliding. He really liked it but the crosswinds statement is correct, he ended up getting a Quicksilver MX because of it.

savagebrother

owned two myself, they are great fair weather flyers but as they say hard to land in a cross wind, you have to come in cross cross field and stop quick LOL

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Structure is too flimsy
I’ve never looked closely at the Weedhopper, but if it was designed and built with the same carelessness (and arrogant denial) of hardware and materials choices that Chotia showed in the prototype of his last design (the same plane that killed him that same day I saw it), I would not get anywhere near the Weedhopper or any of his other designs.

Reactions: BJC