For Sale Weedhopper CAD drawn plans

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by tbird266, Sep 3, 2012.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Sep 3, 2012 #1

tbird266

tbird266

tbird266

CAD drawn plans available for the Model 40 and the 2 Place Weedhopper ultralights. Taking orders now. The files can either be emailed or sent on a CD. For more details check out my website. Most detailed Weedhopper Plans available

2. Sep 4, 2012 #2

Dana

Dana

Dana

Super Moderator Staff Member

The Weedhopper is a commercial design, that was never offered as plans, only kits... do you have the legal right to sell plans?

-Dana

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

3. Sep 5, 2012 #3

tbird266

tbird266

tbird266

Hello Dana,

The plans I am offering are my work. These plans are to build the airframe. The weedhopper as a kit, is no longer offered. For that matter the parts are no longer available either. The plans are so that you can build them yourself. To replace parts on an existing airframe or build one from scratch. The trade mark name "Weedhopper" is owned by a guy in Washington state who purchased it when the Weedhopper factory let it expire before they closed the doors. I do have his permission to use that name on the plans I am offering. Thank you for the question.

Regards,
    Brian

4. Sep 5, 2012 #4

Dana

Dana

Dana

Super Moderator Staff Member

OK. Personally, I approve of making orphan designs available... but [as a moderator here] we have to be careful of copyright issues, which is why we delete ads for pirate planes as soon as we see them.

-Dana

P.S. Went to a fly-in over the weekend in my Kolb; there was a Weedhopper that flew 30 miles from its home base to get there. Good to see it still flying.

“It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.”
    -US Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson, 1950