• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wee Bee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handprop

Alright, between Bruce tempting me with photos, and now a video of it in flight I just have to ask, how can this happen? In the last few days I have hit the books and the internet real hard on design etc. Everything I read has to do with drag, positioning aircraft shape, reynolds numbers, yada yada yada. The drag on this has to be unreal, keep in mind it has only 30 hp. It goes against everything I have read. Granted I'm no Einstein in the world of aeronautics but I just don't get it. Even the airfoil is old school, it makes me really think. The shape of the fuselage is also odd, am I missing something? Could it be possible this little guy actually has good flight qualities? Anybody venture a guess? 14' long, 18' wing span and can carry 200 lbs. Wow!:shock:
Mike

Back