We have Holy Cows but can GOATs FLY?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Hi All,
I am starting a thread that is certainly going to take time to pick pace. (thought I would let you know that right up front)

I am from India and have been nurturing a dream of building Mike Sandlin's GOAT. That dream has been on for a looooong time !

Lots of water under the bridge... a whole lot of turbulent and muddy water... NEXT YEAR I am going to give a "that final push" ...and hope to pop a baby in the form of the GOAT.

I want to have GOATs flying here in India. I HAVE A DREAM ( song from TANGLED LOL)

So this is just a first post to trigger any interest and questions and build a following.
... I will leave this post at this for now ... and get back to the grind and hustle of coming out of severe financial challenges.
Much love and gratitude to this platform

My situation currently is deciding which GOAT to make 1,2,3 or 4
If you have any thoughts to share , that would help in my decision making.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Mike Sandlin is a smart engineer and designer, with many years of experience flying these types of gliders. So it is a very safe assumption to make that he has steadily improved the GOAT, as field experience revealed the need for those improvements.

So the most important thing to do is contact Mike Sandlin via e-mail and ask whether there is one particular GOAT model that best suits your specific use... and ask whether any GOAT moel is less appropriate or less well developed.

Unless he has a reason for picking an earlier model, then the safe bet is to use the latest drawings.