We got BIG PRESS!!!

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Captain_John

Hey All!

I was reading Smithsonian's Air & Space magazine's December 2006 issue when I happened across page 43 where it mentions THIS WEBSITE!!!

Jake, YOU ARE FAMOUS!!!

Did you know that?

:ban: CJ

wally

Yeah thanks Jake for hosting this place. A great place to share our interest in building aircraft.

And I think we should recognize everyone who posts here too.

People come here with genuine, sincere, and sometimes specific techinical questions about aviation and homebuilt airplanes.

And they get good answers and encouragement here too.

Sometimes I see answers that I know have taken someone time to research and then more time to post.
That can take a lot of effort - Just to answer a stranger's question about airplanes.

I guess we do it because we love aviation. I know do.

Fly safe everyone and keep dreaming and building!

Wally

Jman

Site Developer
WOW. I'll have to get a copy. Thanks CJ.

As much as I would like to, I can't take much credit for what this site has become. I did some initial work to get it up and running and I do pay the bills, but it's all of you that make it worth something. I'm in awe at just how deep the knowledge and experience runs here and how far people will go to share it. Also, this is one of the most civil internet discussion groups you're going to find. Not because of anything I do but because of the caliber of folks who participate. I'm very grateful for that.

Lately, between moving to a new house, getting the build project going, and working my tail off getting ready for my PIC checkride (The Army can suck the fun out of even the most enjoyable things sometimes), I've had very little time to devote here other than checking each day if it is still operating. In fact, the few select moderators that help me out have done more to fight spam and keep things running than I've been able to do lately. To you guys (you know who you are) I say - THANK YOU!

I do know that some things can definitely be better than what they are now (i.e. the photo and links sections). I pledge to re-double my efforts and see if we can't make it just a bit better. Thanks guys!

Jake

gahan

big press

do you think the publicty will expand our number of followers?
I don't have access to that mag. do you think they would let you post the artical

Reguards tom gahan

Jman

Site Developer
Here is a link to the article. It's posted on Bruce King's website. It was Bruce King’s BK1 that was the subject of the article.

http://www.bkfliers.com/SmithsonianJanuary2007/Smithsonian.html

do you think the publicty will expand our number of followers?
I think it couldn't hurt but I haven’t heard of anyone saying they've joined because of it. What it did do was to energize me to get off my duff and make the changes that will be necessary for this place to grow. That more than anything will increase membership and, more importantly, the knowledgebase. Stage one of those changes are coming next Saturday!

Jake

RonL

press response

Hey guys and gals
a quick post to say that the magazine article is exactly why i found the forum,
looks great, will take a while to find my way around.
Thanks RonL