• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ways to clean Iridium Spark Plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daleandee

They say there are no stupid questions so I'm gonna test the waters on that ... :gig:

I know how to clean a spark plug but iridium plugs are pretty "tender" so care needs to be taken to clean them without breaking the tip. I've looked online to find several suggestions but thought that posing the question here would get me several valuable answers and perhaps someone has a great tip that is not well known. The cost of replacing the entire set of plugs is less than $35.00 so expensive cleaning methods need not apply.

My plugs look great and don't have many hours on them. Still, while I have them out during the condition inspection, I'd like to clean them up. Just for clarity you should know that I'm using Denso Iridium auto plugs in a Corvair conversion in my aircraft.

May I also inquire whether rotating the plugs might also be a good idea? Seems it would be but I'd also appreciate the groups thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance,

Dale
N319WF

Back