• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Watson Windwagon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lake_harley

Supporting Member
I realize the Watson Windwagon doesn't really fit in the Ultralight section but it is a small, light airplane so thought it might be OK to post here.

I have a set of Watson Windwagon plans and have been thinking it might make a good cold weather project rather than watching TV and going brain dead. One thing I never noticed before is that nowhere in the 7 sheets of the plans does it show spacing or angles of the bulkheads. Is that something one just has to figure out based on the skin dimensions and drawings of them in the plans?

I also have a set of Hummel Ultracruiser plans. I have thought of incorporating some of the construction methods of the UC into the Windwagon. I even had a blueprint shop reduce the UC wing rib profile to 67% which yields a 36" wing chord like the Windwagon. The UC wing has a higher thickness to chord ratio than the Windwagon has, and I wonder if that might produce a more docile, slower (OK with me) Windwagon-ish plane. Is that thinking unfounded or dangerous?

Lynn

Back