Quantcast

Wanted to purchase: Fluid Dynamic Drag- Hoerner

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

thjakits

The Hoerner family website works and the price appears to be $110 for a new copy.
...in that case - the book is the thing! I remember when each volume was north of $800!!

thjakits

NOTE:

I just found this on the net - it seems legitimate...

- Internet Archive - Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

- select books and search for "Hoerner, Fluid Dynamics" - Internet Archive Search: Hoerner, Fluid Dynamics

- 3 books should appear, likely Mr. Hoerner had some part in the 1st one listed too!

- there is quite a list on how you want your book presented

- here are the both books that are of most interest in pdf:

Last edited:

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
...in that case - the book is the thing! I remember when each volume was north of $800!!

thjakits

NOTE:

I just found this on the net - it seems legitimate...

- Internet Archive - Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

- select books and search for "Hoerner, Fluid Dynamics" - Internet Archive Search: Hoerner, Fluid Dynamics

- 3 books should appear, likely Mr. Hoerner had some part in the 1st one listed too!

- there is quite a list on how you want your book presented

- here are the both books that are of most interest in pdf:

If you want to know if it is legitimate, you can ask the folks at the web site selling the book and reportedly belonging to the Hoerner family:
1) "Do you own the rights to these books?"
2) " Are the .pdf versions of these books that are being offered at ia600707.us.archive.org legitimate copies?

You may be doing them a favor by alerting them to theft of material they rightfully own. If not, you'll have found a legitimate source of useful books, in this case.

pfarber

HBA Supporter
If you want to know if it is legitimate, you can ask the folks at the web site selling the book and reportedly belonging to the Hoerner family:
1) "Do you own the rights to these books?"
2) " Are the .pdf versions of these books that are being offered at ia600707.us.archive.org legitimate copies?

You may be doing them a favor by alerting them to theft of material they rightfully own. If not, you'll have found a legitimate source of useful books, in this case.
Unless they renewed the old 28 year copyright, its most likely legit public domain.

It appears that the 1965 edition was re-registered in 1994, but the first edition (pre-1965) would be copyright free from the search I found.

daveklingler

Unless they renewed the old 28 year copyright, its most likely legit public domain.

It appears that the 1965 edition was re-registered in 1994, but the first edition (pre-1965) would be copyright free from the search I found.
Because the original copyright was renewed, it's good for an additional 67 years.

pfarber

HBA Supporter
Last edited:

pfarber

HBA Supporter
That's the 1964, second edition. The original books history:

As a result, he published the book himself in 1951, using a photo-offset process and sold copies of the book by mail order from his home. The book got very good reviews and demand was steady. In 1958 it was reissued as Fluid-Dynamic Drag. With the rapid progress in aerodynamics over the years, he prepared an update to the book, which was published in 1965

Its realy a moot point, for $110 buy the legit copy.