Wanted Jodel D11 Sheet 6

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

FritzW

Log Member
We'll have to wait for this covid shutdown nonsense to blow over, but there's a place in town with a large flat bed scanner where I can get it done (I'm worried the sheet wouldn't survive a feed roller type scanner).

simflyer

Hi All
I have a set of Jodel D-11 plans, but the set is missing sheet 6. If anybody has a set of plans and could copy sheet 6 for me, I would appreciate it.
With thanks
Phil
Hi Phil, do You know what drawing is nr.6? Years ago I found some on net and it seem to be "empennages" ?

simflyer

Hi Simflyer
The sheet 6 is of the wing spar I believe. As that is the drawing that appears not be in my current set
Cheers
Hi Phil, seem wrong in drawings numbering. Main spar of wing is numbered in corner of drawing as D11-03 - "Voilure longeron". As D11-06 in marked drawing "empennages". look also in drawings list - "nomenclature" Are You asking for french drawings of D11, or any other?

Attachments

FritzW

Log Member
Hi Manna,

I compared the two sets. The only differences I could see: mine say "Drawn by Rene Duren Leau Franklin, Vermont" where your's say "Manna Aviation, New Zealand" and your sheet #3 has two isometric views of the fuselage that mine doesn't. I only spot checked a few details on each page but other than your missing page #6 everything appears identical.

Our print shop should open up on the 15th. (if our idiot governor doesn't extend the shutdown) and I can make a copy of sheet #6.

Last edited:

manna

Hi Manna,

I compared the two sets. The only differences I could see: mine say "Drawn by Rene Duren Leau Franklin, Vermont" where your's say "Manna Aviation, New Zealand" and your sheet #3 has two isometric views of the fuselage that mine doesn't. I only spot checked a few details on each page but other than your missing page #6 everything appears identical.

Our print shop should open up on the 15th. (if our idiot governor doesn't extend the shutdown) and I can make a copy of sheet #6.
Hi Fritz
The files I have come from originals from Falconar Avia, which were approved sellers of the Jodel D-11 and D-9 Aircraft plans. Any time you can get them to me would be appreciated. Once I have a full set again I will offer the Jodel plans for sale at a reasonable costing.
With thanks

simflyer

Hi Fritz
The files I have come from originals from Falconar Avia, which were approved sellers of the Jodel D-11 and D-9 Aircraft plans. .....
With thanks
Finally Phil, now we know, You're looking for Falconar drawing and not for Jodel D11-06 orig. drawing, which is marked in corner as "empennages" - tailplanes. Falconar obviously sold his own plans and not original Jodel plans. If You're asking for something, You have to describe it exactly.
Jodel D11 wing main spar drawing is nr.D11-03 and marked as "Voilure longeron".

FWIW remember there were two versions of the Falconar wing. (Actually three if you include the folding wing) Originally Chris sold the plans with the original Jodel designed wing where the washout was built in to the spar. Thats what I have. Later he "simplified" that and the washout was no longer built into the spar and was achieved by the placement of the ribs exclusively. Page six of my F-12 plans appears to be identical to page six of my F-11 plans and include the washout built into the spar.
Michael Silvius, Scarborough, ME.
P1180064.JPG

Nicholette

Someone on Ebay is selling complete set of the original plans on a CD for £10. here is the link

My first club had one of these.

Last edited:

alr

I think that all of the free plans on the internet are incomplete, even those that claim to be complete. For example, I don't think any of them include the plans for the wing spar.

alr

My set is still stapled together so page 6 managed to stay with the herd.

I hope photos are good enough, scanning the sheet would mean taking the staples out and the sheets are getting pretty fragile.

(this will take two posts because of the photo number limit)

View attachment 96004View attachment 96005View attachment 96006View attachment 96007View attachment 96008View attachment 96009
Hi,

It looks like your photos might be missing the upper right hand portion of the drawings. Is there any chance you to photograph that part and post it as well?

FritzW

Log Member
The local print shop should be open now. I'll have the sheet scanned and I'll post it here.