• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted WANTED - CONTINENTAL O-200 MAIN BEARINGS (NEEDED)

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Dennis DeFrange

HBA Supporter
I'm needing a set of used main bearings to assemble a (mock up) Continental O-200 so I can build a motor mount and fit the cowling . My shaft is standard / standard . All I am needing is a set of mains . If you have a set that you've removed I'll be happy to buy them . Either post or Pm or 918 916 0140 . Thanx Dennis

TFF

If you don’t find any, use masking tape around the journals to build up the thickness to bearing depth before you bolt the case together.

Dennis DeFrange

HBA Supporter
That's thinking well ahead but only one problem . The standard/standard crank that I'm using is not a certifiable so I don't know what bearing set that I'll be needing . If it were usable that would be the only way to go . Still looking . I know they are out there somewhere .

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
If the masking tape is too crude for your mock-up how about a simple set of 3d printed ones? If you don't have one they are getting so common you should be able to find someone local that can make a quick set. Our backwoods local library even has a couple.

Print 3 of these (O-200 bearing.STL) and trim the flange off of one. I guessed at the flange thickness because I don't have a bearing in hand and couldn't find the dimensions.
O-200 bearing.JPG
Edit: cut them in half with a hacksaw or print 6 of Bearing_2.STL

Attachments

Dennis DeFrange

HBA Supporter
That's unique in the eyes of an old man . I'll definatly check that out . Looks handy for several issues .

TFF

Used bearings go in the trash. Rarely are they reusable, so few keep them. I know the guys who I would guess have some, but you have to dig them out of whatever other junk is on top.

Dennis DeFrange

HBA Supporter
I live 80 miles South of Tulsa . Major rebuilders there , I'll put out a call to them and maybe they'll have a teardown underway and can salvage a set . Thanx all .