Walter Mikron

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Tiger Tim

I think I also same across an in-line, 4 cyl, air cooled gen-set diesel, which might be a potential source of donor parts - can't remember the make/model right now.
I seem to recall someone building a Pietenpol with an air cooled Mitsubishi that was supposed to be pretty ubiquitous in fork lifts and reefer units and the like, perhaps that’s the engine you’re thinking of.

I seem to recall someone building a Pietenpol with an air cooled Mitsubishi that was supposed to be pretty ubiquitous in fork lifts and reefer units and the like, perhaps that’s the engine you’re thinking of.
I
I think it was Deutz I'd come across before but missed the Mitsubishi one - will take a look - maybe it's not too heavy and simple inversion could be an option. The Deutz gensets looked pretty
Deutz barrels and heads are pretty cheap. An insert to adapt a spark plug in the injector hole.
heavy duty.