• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Waiex (sonex) with a Corvair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony4aro

Hi All.

I've been looking at building a sonex, and getting back into flying. Well... a few weeks ago, I pulled the trigger on a partly build Waiex kit with a Covair engine. I know over on the Sonex Builder's forum... they frown on that combo and when I asked questions... I only got PM's because people didn't want to post and start arguments. Personally, I think that's dumb. The factory says... 200lbs FWF... but a Jab3300 with a nose wheel will break that, and it's supported. Anyway... we all know the combo works, and is safe.

I've seen a few flying via youtube... and I know one of the members here, @Daleandee is flying one, and I would love to have a few conversations with him. (Cowling, W&B, and that cool hand brake)

My goal is to get current, and to have this ready by the end of summer.

Anyway... that's my story, and I will be posting as I build.

Thanks

Tony

IMG_20220221_170027.jpg274583801_5289242471127727_2254352309969018841_n.jpg

Back