Wagabond, any builders with good or bad

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

millerdvr

Just started my Wagabond project, have the rib jig made, all the gussets cut and the nose blocks cut out. Just need to cut out the 1/4" ply for the aileron wells.
Wanted to see if anyone on here has or is building a Wagabond(or other Wag design) and what you would do or don't do with the design? I am planning on building the "Traveler" with full lexan doors, an O-200 or O-235 and a "flaperon" design to enable a bit of flap.

Thanks,
Chris

hogheadv2

Will you keep it LSA? Wago's were my first interest in the reality of my own craft. Looked over several at Osh, missed the builders.... did talk to a son of one... Dad became a Wag/ piper encyclopedia... was the type of conversation we had [90 seconds, kid still liked his dad, think mom was getting a new car]

millerdvr

I don't plan on going with the LSA. Although the only difference would be the gross weight. I looked far and wide, started on an Acey Ducey, then when there was nowhere to go for questions or help, I turned to the Fisher Dakota Hawk but realized that I didn't really want to build the whole plane out of wood(yet, maybe next time). So far on the Wagabond I have really enjoyed working with wood, actually is rather soothing and enjoyable.
Essentially the Wagabond and the Dakota Hawk are identical, cockpit, performance, engine size etc. but the Wag has a tube frame .

Chris