VW Group lists?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

spduffee

I'm glad you posted these. Thank you! I intend to use VW power from here on out and have always wondered if these conversions are only done by the masters like Great Plains, Revmaster, etc., or is there a way to do one's own conversion? I am thinking of the Corvair conversion manual by William Wynne. I know it is prudent to buy from the experts, but are there manuals out there to walk one through choosing a block, heads, etc.?

Thanks!

Pops

Log Member
I'm glad you posted these. Thank you! I intend to use VW power from here on out and have always wondered if these conversions are only done by the masters like Great Plains, Revmaster, etc., or is there a way to do one's own conversion? I am thinking of the Corvair conversion manual by William Wynne. I know it is prudent to buy from the experts, but are there manuals out there to walk one through choosing a block, heads, etc.?

Thanks!

Order the building manual from Great Plains. Its good and you will learn a lot. If I was going to build my own VW engine and never built one before, I would buy the GP's kit, if I wanted to buy a VW engine already assembled, I would buy the Revmaster. Dan

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
I havn't actually done it, but a year or so ago I did some deep internet pricing and couldn't find all the good parts you need to do it right for less than the GP kit price. Seems like a great way to go. Lot's of options so you can pick just what you want for your application. YMMV of course.