Quantcast

VW engine cad drawing request

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Armilite

Can you save Sketchup files as DXF, or Step, or Iges, formats? My Alibre Cad 2011 doesn't import Sketchup files. Does Rhino import them? They don't have a CAM program for Sketchup files do they? My local welding shop has a water jet, that uses DXF files. You should check out www.Grabcad.com lots of nice 3D models.

Rich Gillen
Armilite@aol.com

=============================================================================

I needed an engine for my design so I went looking on Google SketchUp. Found a couple of reasonable models, took the best bits (thanks to the original modellers), corrected mistakes, added a few other bits and came up with this:

View attachment 14556View attachment 14557View attachment 14558View attachment 14559

It's not 100% accurate but its a start. I'm now reworking it for my pusher design. I will up load the model to the SketchUp Warehouse when I remember my Google sign in details. It's a bugger getting old and the memory fails, ain't it!.

Rushford55Y

What file name is this saved under in 3D warehouse. Upload the file please and let us know where to get it.

Juan

Could you please give us more information on how to get that propeller cad file? Could you please upload it?