• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

VT-ICE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deskpilot

Morphett Vale, South Australia. Just south of Adel
This is a new one for my 'stable'. Something a little different and an update on a suggestion to Mark Skull of Ringtail fame.

VT (Vectored Thrust) - ICE ( Inverted Chunnel {CHannel/tUNNEL} Experimental.

Why? why not. The channel or tunnel wing was a successful design in it's day but didn't survive due to cost and complexity. I've inverted and modified it to bring the center of lift forward a bit without having the wing tips so far forward that you loose sight of the airstrip in a turn. It will also keep the sun off your bonce at times.

VT? Gotta try something new. As for gyroscopic problems....a pair of contra-rotating props should cancel each other out, and to get get around the 'one engine, one prop argument' (Australian rule), it's a single propulsion system on a common shaft.

Nay Sayers will no doubt raise the question of it falling off etc. No more dangerous than a helo or gyro plane. If their 'Jesus nut' comes off..................................

You may also note that my model has finally taken on some nice curves. Amazing what you can learn by reading the rules.

View attachment 10955View attachment 10954View attachment 10958View attachment 10956View attachment 10957View attachment 10953View attachment 10952

Back