• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

VP 2 1/2 Volksplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

An old Volksplane friend of mine (Herb Statz, from Wisconsin) just snail mailed me these pictures. Herb was the first guys to get a copy of the VP-3 plans.

The wing appears to be based on the VP-3 wings but larger, wingspan ~25', and it uses a thicker airfoil like the VP-2. The center section is 8' 6". Herb also used a VP-2 stabilator widened to 8' 6" (max legal width on the highway without an oversize permit).

The rudder is a larger version of a VP-1 rudder (different than a VP-2 rudder I'm guessing)

He's going to make it a nose dragger, using standard VP-2 main gear and his own nose gear design. The only thing I know about that is it's going to use a motorcycle shock and spring.

When Herb decides to build something he doesn't mess around. He plans to have this flying next summer.

Herb hasn't named it yet. I just call it a VP 2 1/2 because it looks like it's halfway between a VP-2 and a VP-3.

VP 2.5 fuselage.jpg VP 2.5 engine.jpg VP 2.5 fuselage 2.jpg

VP 2.5 rudder pedals.jpg VP 2.5 rudder pedals 2.jpg VP 2.5 wing.jpg Go Herb!

Last edited:
Back