Volunteers wanted for 3/4 Mustang Replica !

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Anyone wishes to join as a free volunteer or sponsor in order to build a 3/4 Mustang Replica ? I will provide the proffesional drawings for free. Only serious replies, please, otherwise topic will be closed !!!

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
Seems suspicious that no location is given either. Kinda hard to volunteer to work on something when you don't know where it is.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
They would get more response with a little more detail about the project.

Is this a group build/coop or a for profit project?
How faithful a replica?
Metal, composite, wood or a mix?
Proposed power plant/PSRU?

And the big one(s): Why the need for yet another replica project and why this one will be any different than the others?

Wolfen1176

On another site he said he would not tell which plans it was. Totally sounds like a scam to me.

PMD

Thanks for posting the link to all of his threads. IMHO, of course, he sounds to be someone in Romania who really wants to be involved with aviation and fixated on P51 (as are so many of us, I have to admit). For those who didn't read carefully, he doesn't want to have anyone build a P51 for him or at his facilities, but will offer drawings for free to anyone who legitimately wants to build such a project.

So: Marian: at least tell us what you can about your drawings. Are they from an actual airplane project that has been completed? Are they what you think MIGHT be required to build such a project? How detailed are they? How was that detail arrived at? OR: are these drawing you propose to make in the future? Based on what source of information? As has already been pointed out, there are MANY P51 scale projects already in the marketplace, so what is it new or valuable you are offering to bring to the table? Bear in mind that any drawings from which an airplane is to be made will require that someone with structural and aerodynamic design experience will have to provide the engineering to meet aviation design standards.

I hope you appreciate that there is an extremely large gap between something the LOOKS like some model of P51 and something that IS the design for a structurally and aerodynamically sound aircraft.

Last edited:

Saville

Looking over the OP's other entries it sort of looks like the OP is building a museum. The original post here didn't say that a flying article was needed.

proppastie

Log Member
we have an old man who built a foam BF 104 for display in the Air Victory Museum at KVAY......

one issue might be shipping to Eastern Europe......probably cost more than the foam

don january

Log Member
Man you'd think there is enough in the US needing help to get to flight. I'd gladly help in the construction of the aircraft the OP wants to build and darn sure would need to look the PRINTS over first. So OP why not start posting some pic of prints and focus on the request from the Forum.

Thanks for posting the link to all of his threads. IMHO, of course, he sounds to be someone in Romania who really wants to be involved with aviation and fixated on P51 (as are so many of us, I have to admit). For those who didn't read carefully, he doesn't want to have anyone build a P51 for him or at his facilities, but will offer drawings for free to anyone who legitimately wants to build such a project.

So: Marian: at least tell us what you can about your drawings. Are they from an actual airplane project that has been completed? Are they what you think MIGHT be required to build such a project? How detailed are they? How was that detail arrived at? OR: are these drawing you propose to make in the future? Based on what source of information? As has already been pointed out, there are MANY P51 scale projects already in the marketplace, so what is it new or valuable you are offering to bring to the table? Bear in mind that any drawings from which an airplane is to be made will require that someone with structural and aerodynamic design experience will have to provide the engineering to meet aviation design standards.

I hope you appreciate that there is an extremely large gap between something the LOOKS like some model of P51 and something that IS the design for a structurally and aerodynamically sound aircraft.
I have replied and attached a PDF which contains some drawings in another reply. I do not know how detailed they are.