Volksplane VP-2 Mk2 wing project

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

FritzW

Log Member
I lost a couple of weeks getting the Wayward Waiex Wonder-boy winging his way westward but I'm back on track. If all goes well I'll start cutting again tonight. ...if the Dodgers are still loosing

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Think of it as the Evans diet...build a VP-2, then lose 50 lbs if you want to take up a passenger. :grin:

Bill-Higdon

View attachment 74696 I started with a basic kit from CNC Router Parts and made the table out of 2x4's and plywood.

View attachment 74697 View attachment 74698 I was on a budget so I went with cheap Chinese electronics off of ebay. So far (6 or 7 years) they've worked great.

...when I was surfing around for these pictures this morning I was blown away by how much more "home cnc" stuff is out there now and how much the price has come down in just a few years.

Yep, that's how it all starts. :gig:
Or for the more DIY there's, I know off at least 2 maybe 3 of these in our chapter http://www.hainesengineering.com/rhaines/cnc/cnc_info.htm

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Lose a few pounds and a couple inches of width. LOL. Its a nerrow plane

FritzW

Log Member
Or for the more DIY there's, I know off at least 2 maybe 3 of these in our chapter http://www.hainesengineering.com/rhaines/cnc/cnc_info.htm
That one looks good but a little 'involved'. There are hundreds of plans on the interweb for cheap (affordable), easy CNC machines. I can't imagine why there's not one in every garage that has a tablesaw.

Think of it as the Evans diet...build a VP-2, then lose 50 lbs if you want to take up a passenger.
It ain't pounds that keep a VP-2 from being a two seater, it's inches. 34 inches is 34 inches no matter how much you weigh :gig:

FritzW

Log Member
Lol, that's the same photo I wanted to use to show that you CAN'T fit two people in a VP-2 but I couldn't find it.

evans vp-2 sport aviation cover crop.jpg you can put two people in a VP-2, just like you can...

90407-most-people-into-WV.jpg ...put 17 people in a VW Bug

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Theres another pic from Budd's article that shows their shoulders overlapping.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
I guess it comes down to picking the right passenger. ;)

VP-2 51-IW.jpg

Why am I not surprised that this is a French VP-2...? :ban:

FritzW

Log Member
I live in the hot seat ;) After I invested 7 hours watching 18 innings in game 3 your Dodgers went and broke my heart last night.

Last edited:
Group Builder