Visiting Aeromomentum booth at Oshkosh 2022 - post updates here !

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

KeithO

Given the last update on the Aeromomentum Facebook page was back in April (Sun n Fun) anyone who visits their booth at Oshkosh is asked to post any new findings in this thread for the benefit of those not attending Airventure 2022.

KeithO

Aeromomentum posted the attached photos of the turbo AM15 engine on their facebook page. My interest is in the gearbox, I will reserve comment on the execution of the turbo system...

Attachments

• AM-15T-01.jpg
    AM-15T-01.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 5
  • AM-15T-02.jpg
    AM-15T-02.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
  • AM-15T-03.jpg
    AM-15T-03.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2
  • AM-15T-04.jpg
    AM-15T-04.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2
  • AM-15T-05.jpg
    AM-15T-05.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2
  • AM-15T-06.jpg
    AM-15T-06.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AM-15T-07.jpg
    AM-15T-07.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1

zolotiyeruki

I believe it's the same PSRU as they have on the non-turbo AM-15, and it's rated to something like 300HP. Same radiator as well. I asked about weights--radiator, plumbing, and coolant add 10lbs, exhaust is another 10, and the intercooler adds 8 more

I'm guessing the intercooler placement is simply a matter of being a show only stand configuration. Likely a Firewall forward specific configuration item. I do find it interesting that the compressor is mounted with the inlet facing aft. Again, probably airframe specific. Starter looks like an OEM style unit, and physically large, but that could just be the pictures playing tricks on my eyes. I am not sure if the juice would be worth the squeeze to engineer something with less mass, and also give up local auto parts store availability.

zolotiyeruki

I'm guessing the intercooler placement is simply a matter of being a show only stand configuration. Likely a Firewall forward specific configuration item. I do find it interesting that the compressor is mounted with the inlet facing aft. Again, probably airframe specific. Starter looks like an OEM style unit, and physically large, but that could just be the pictures playing tricks on my eyes. I am not sure if the juice would be worth the squeeze to engineer something with less mass, and also give up local auto parts store availability.
That's correct--the intercooler setup at the show was just for demonstration purposes, and will need to be adapted to individual installations. The geometry is pretty flexible, thanks to a huge automotive aftermarket for such things.

geosnooker2000

Very interested in this. But I'm also interested in the Viking 195T. I was all in on a Turbo version of the AM15, but I thought it would be way closer to that 200hp threshold we all want to be up against (but not cross) for insurance purposes. Surprised it didn't gain more than a measly 13hp.