• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Vintage air racing...newly discovered pics / footage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WBNH

Not affiliated in any way with this content....just turned up on the Tube and thought others may find the 1947-48 Cleveland Air Races and Air Show pics and footage as interesting as I did.

I don't know why, but I was surprised to see them using pyrotechnics and mock bomb runs during the air show. I've seen similar at Oshkosh and such, just didn't realize (for some reason) that pyro went that far back in the business.

AND What is that ultralight-looking thing 4:26-4:50? Seems maybe similar to a Breezy, but those didn't come about until '64...so who built whatever that is back in the '40s? (Looks like the great grandfather of the Moyes Dragonfly....)

Have Fun.

Last edited:
Back