• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Videos - Affordable Minimax Ultralight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started this thread specifically for the video series i'm doing on the affordable ultralight thread found here.......
https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29516

The original thread is great for discussion so this will be for those who just want to see the videos.

Quick summary.........

I believe anyone can afford aviation and this project is an effort to prove that. I also believe it can be done rather quickly. In order to do this it starts with the right design, I believe the Mini Max Ultralight is the ideal candidate. The Minimax is made from wood so the learning curve is short. The tools required are minimal which keeps costs down and makes out for some affordable fun.

To make it affordable a person needs 2 primary tools, a planer and a table saw. This will allow the builder to take raw material and mill finish the boards instead of buying them already dimensioned to size at a premium price. I'm using a combination of Pine, Sitka Spruce and Doug Fir.

The initial videos will be setting up tools and setting up a small simple home shop.

Last edited:
Back