Quantcast

Video series on TIG welding thin wall aircraft tubing

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
also wondering if I missed where you posted the cost of the "box of 4130 scraps". I would rather support you than ACS or Wicks!
I’m not a business, I’m just a guy trying to build a airplane. A made a few videos to help others. I had some scrap. I gave it to a friend so he can try and build a airplane.

That’s it.

JamesF

Hi all,
I’m a little late to the party. I just acquired a TIG/MIG welder and have been melting metal with “some” success.
What I could do to help out is this. If someone can send the files to me I’ll be glad to copy them to disks and send them out to all who want them. Well, the first fifty. I have that many new disks going to waste. I’d charge $1.00 per copy which should pay shipping and disk shipping containers. Any more than that and I’d have to charge for the disks. If you’re interested let me know.
James Fuller

Curt Reimer

This video series has changed my TIG welding from crap to pretty decent.

I have a small amount of gas and MIG experience. I bought a TIG welder a few months ago and after a few sessions I became utterly frustrated. My practice welds looked like Scrapper's rusty old "worst case" weld. After watching these videos a couple of times and modifying my prep and technique, my first .035 tube practice weld looked so good that I would probably have called it airworthy. Zero blowouts.

Thank you Scrapper! I am not building a fuselage but I need to weld on various mounting tabs and do-dads to my factory welded fuselage (Airdrome Camel) and I am confident that I will be able to do so now without ruining it. After lots more practice.

Curt

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Video #15

I have a friend who built and completed a composite airplane and is now trying to learn to weld so he can build a Cassutt. This video is for him.

Some people want to skip all the videos and just need a quick starter video. That’s what this is for. Once you do this you’re kinda on a adventure from here on out learning as you go.