Video Series - Making J-3 Cub landing gear

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Will Aldridge

Log Member
Pretty cool to see the process.

There's a number of guys in flying the early kitfoxes and avids that would like another source for cub type gear if you wanted a low volume aviation side job.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Pretty cool to see the process.

There's a number of guys in flying the early kitfoxes and avids that would like another source for cub type gear if you wanted a low volume aviation side job.
I appreciate it but I have zero interest in that. I’m financially fine so I’d rather spend my limited time fabricating for myself or just to help a individual.

On the money side of things I already own a existing business so It’s probably thousands of times more efficient to spend the extra time on my business for the money than something else. Bang for the buck, opportunity costs etc.

Also, if I introduce money in to my hobby I’ll start hating the hobby. Haha, I’m sure you understand. Things are great as is.

Appreciate the suggestion though.

Victor Bravo

So Mike you're proceeding with building a Wag-Aero Cuby ? (nowcalled Sport Trainer because Piper bitched about it)

I hope so, you will absolutely love how the Cub flies, and more importantly the places it takes you. You experience stuff with a Cub that really is different than with any other airplane, trust me and the five or ten other guys on HBA who can verify what I'm saying.

Build it sturdy, your kids are going to learn how to fly in it several years from now , and it will be one of the proudest and greatest achievements of your life.

If you have not done so already, definitely absolutely unquestionably read the book "Flight of Passage" by Rinker Buck. I promise you that you will be glad you did.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
So Mike you're proceeding with building a Wag-Aero Cuby ? (nowcalled Sport Trainer because Piper bitched about it)

I hope so, you will absolutely love how the Cub flies, and more importantly the places it takes you. You experience stuff with a Cub that really is different than with any other airplane, trust me and the five or ten other guys on HBA who can verify what I'm saying.

Build it sturdy, your kids are going to learn how to fly in it several years from now , and it will be one of the proudest and greatest achievements of your life.

If you have not done so already, definitely absolutely unquestionably read the book "Flight of Passage" by Rinker Buck. I promise you that you will be glad you did.
I have lots of Cub time, it’s a great airplane for sure.

But this is for a Baby Ace. A Baby Ace uses J3 Cub landing gear. I’m just doing these videos documenting my landing gear because it’s made similar to other tube and fabric airplanes and it may help or inspire others.