Video: DEMO - V8 Auto Engine with PSRU's Geared Drive for Aircraft - Engine Noise!

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by smittysrv, Nov 24, 2018.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Nov 24, 2018 #1

smittysrv

smittysrv

smittysrv

I went down to Hillsboro, TX and shot this video for AutoPSRS. Engine Noise! Stuart Davis of Auto PSRU demonstrates a real time demonstration of his company's geared drive on an automotive engine, allowing the conversion of auto engines for aircraft use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mCbvvzj-2o

[​IMG]

Lucrum and ToddK like this.
  2. Nov 24, 2018 #2

Cy V

Cy V

Cy V

Re: Video: DEMO - V8 Auto Engine with PSRU's Geared Drive for Aircraft - Engine Noise

Looks smooth and quiet to me.

3. Nov 24, 2018 #3

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

Re: Video: DEMO - V8 Auto Engine with PSRU's Geared Drive for Aircraft - Engine Noise

Unfortunately, a short video of a running engine PSRU can only really convey 'ooh, shiney'. A 500 hour video of a continously run engine/PSRU followed by a stripdown would be a lot more informative, but a little tedious to watch.

BoKu likes this.
  4. Nov 25, 2018 #4

Toobuilder

Toobuilder

Toobuilder

^^^. Agreed, but at least its actual, functioning hardware instead of a slick CGI prophecy. It will succeed or fail based upon actual laws of physics. Got to admire that.

5. Nov 25, 2018 #5

don january

don january

don january

I agree Toolbuilder.The way I see it if you built a HBA with the fire wall to match that type of engine and got as far as watching and hearing it run on airframe, better yet got to fly behind it. Hopes it's me that gets the 500 hrs in.;)

6. Nov 26, 2018 #6

nerobro

nerobro

nerobro

is this related to the V8 conversion for the 172 that was shown a few years ago?

7. Nov 26, 2018 #7

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

rv6ejguy

No, these are not related. Main target market is RV10, Moose, Lancair etc. Have been a couple installed in RV10s but they are heavier than Lyconentals though more powerful.