Video: Burt Rutan Bipod Update. Oshkosh Airventure 2011

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

karoliina.t.salminen

Link to the video I recorded: Burt Rutan Bipod update, Oshkosh 2011 - YouTube
The Bipod is a roadable airplane or flying car, whichever way you want to put it.
It uses hybrid electric-gasoline -propulsion.

Unfortunately I had to shoot it from the side. I setted up my camera in the middle at first but then someone came to ask that "which news agency you are with", and when I told that "none, I am freelance blogger", then I was destined to go to the right side (because blogging apparently does not qualify for being important). I am sorry about the bad camera angle, but I was able to do nothing about it. These news people did not post the whole presentation anyway. I don't have the presentation from the beginning because I lost time moving my camera from the originally intended position to this poor side position.

autoreply

Thanks once more for sharing Karoliina!

Fortunately enough you did take the effort to not only film in, but also put (almost) the whole presentation online, contrary to those news agencies. I'm looking forward to seeing the presentation.

Aircar

Banned
I'll second the thanks for posting --I hope it includes the "missing" 'part 3' in the sequence of this talk previously posted on you tube --I sent a link to that( and the first release of info in July ) to JohnBrown in Germany and resulted in his locking horns with Burt about the originality of the configuration (see the EAA thread or CAFE site or others on the net )and an 'exchange' between them via Flight and Aviation week, the EAA site etc
see also the Carplane website.

I believe that any vehicle eight feet (2.6 m) wide and twenty feet long is simply way too big for practical use as a car --those are motorhome or delivery van dimensions with the same traffic and parking limitations --and the lack of useable volume or contact between occupants etc etc rules out any viability. There is much else in the background to this but not for here or now. --