Vertical tail airfoil for pusher

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

berridos

Doing this on an electric motor with double coil would save gearbox weight.

Eugene

Tilting engine down by 3° was factory recommendation for 100 HP engine. 50 hp engine was installed in line with chord line. They provide little blueprint for how to do it with engine bracket. This was their way to achieve self balancing or a self triming effect. Higher RPM was providing more down pressure on horizontal stabilizer. I tried that as well, but discovered that flexible 120 mm tailboom wasn't tolerating this very well and control stick was dancing in my hand. From what we know today almost all airplanes with 912 engines were shipped to this country with engine tilted up by 3° versus down because of that.

However from what I understand this is the right thing to do for pusher arrangements like this. New tail boom will be much stronger and I will tilt engine down just like it shows below.

Wondering if this will increase P factor effect or decrease it?

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 06.38.30.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-27 at 06.36.25.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-26 at 21.45.49.png

henryk

V-tail? Very cool, that propeller is getting much better airflow, then on my Skyboy. My wife was wondering where is passenger seat?
<115 kg with Battery/Electric via Differential CR gear...

+FREEWING (parasol),
ASTER XII like...(only low part of wing flow into propeller surface,
lower noise !)

Attachments