• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Vernon Payne's Sky Kitten Biplane - 1936 Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktfiles

For over 20 years now I have been collecting everything I can on Vernon Payne, his various Knight Twister designs and anything I can find on his lesser known designs. One design that I have found very little on is his all wood construction, low powered Sky Kitten biplane.

I've found one magazine article that includes a 3 view general arrangement drawing and several advertisements in old magazines referring to Sky Kitten plans for sale. I have talked to people that have seen plans, so I know they actually exist. I do have a few plans for a modernized version of Sky Kitten that Vernon was redoing in the 1970s, but nothing for the original.

Has anyone here run across ***ANY*** additional information regarding the Payne Sky Kitten?

Also interested in hearing what you may have on any other Vernon Payne design, including the Knight Twister. I have over 300 Knight Twister drawings and very few are duplicates. It seems every set I find has had some modification made to the design. Vernon was continually trying to improve the design and would also create custom drawings based on engine choice and pilot size.

Here is the magazine article about the Sky Kitten and a couple ads.

skykitten1.png

skykitten2.png

skykitten3.png

skykittenad1.png

skykittenad2.png

Back