• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Vega Cosworth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarylP

Hi all, :grin:
I was thinking about the Vega engine for aircraft use, and specifically the Cosworth which was a die cast aluminum cylinder and case assembly and an aluminum, 16 valve cylinder head. They were really light weight, and developed 110hp. (1976)
It was fuel injected and developed max power at 5600 rpms, which should be good for an aircraft right? I think that it may be hard to get parts for, but seems that for a conversion it would be a decent option. I don't know why, but I was curious, nor that I will make a project out of this.

DP

Back