Quantcast

For Sale Various single-seat aircraft plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
ALL OF THESE PLANS HAVE BEEN SOLD.

Cleaning out the collection of plans for projects I doubt I will ever tackle, I just have too many single-seaters:
  • Currie Wot - Wood and fabric biplane, original hard copy plans purchased from LAA (ex-PFA) in UK
  • Druine Turbulent - Wood and fabric low-wing monoplane, original hard copy plans purchased from LAA (ex-PFA) in UK
  • Aerosport Quail - All-metal high-wing monoplane, hard copy reprints from Scott Perkins of VULM
  • Fred Byron HM-290 - Australian rework of Mignet wood and fabric tandem design, original plans purchased from the designer (I'll throw in a set of Falconar Avia HM-290/293 derivative plans as well since they were given to me.)
  • Flitzer Z-21 Biplane - Retro wood and fabric biplane, original plans purchased from designer Lynn Williams
$25 each including domestic U.S. postage except the Flitzer plans which are $50. Outside the U.S. I'll just add the cost of the extra postage, I just want to see them go to good homes. Please send PM ("Conversations") if interested and I'll update the list here when and if plans are sold.

Cheers,

Matthew

Last edited:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Hi Matthew,

I’d like to buy four please:

Currie Wot
Druine Turbulent
Byron and Falconair HM-290
Flitzer Z-21

BJC

HBA Supporter
That looks like one of my photos of the Quail that my friend (RIP), Harold Shehane, built and flew for over 1,000 hours. Jack Cox was standing beside me, also photographing the Quail for an article in his quarterly magazine, so it could be his photo. Photo taken at Burlington, NC.

Great little airplane that would mate nicely with Pete’s O-100.

BJC

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Re: Flitzer Biplane, just received these plans from Matthew today. WOW ! "Work of art" doesn't even begin to describe these. What a magnificent accomplishment (the plans, in and of themselves). Mr. Williams, my hat's off to you. I will be attempting to use these plans to steal the soul of a dear old friend who is a world class scale modeler.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
So I have to tell you guys this as homebuilt airplane enthusiasts. I hope this somehow comes to the attention of Lynn Williams as well.

After getting the plans from Matthew, as expected I was amazed at the quality and care that had gone into these plans. As I said already, "work of art" doesn't do it justice.

Last night I made my traditional New Year's Eve visit to a dear old friend. This friend is an 80 year old retired aerospace engineer originally from England. He started his career at the DeHavilland technical school program in the 1950's, became a structure and stress engineer (a "stressman" in British terms) at DeHavilland, and went on to a spectacular career to include Boeing, Lockheed, Rocketdyne, and JPL. As a relaxing retirement project, he's doing the structural design on the full scale Napier Heston racer being built in NZ. I'm fond of saying that today's engineers are not physically strong enough to lift his resume.

I brought the Flitzer plans over to his house, and told him that the care and attention to detail that Mr. Williams had put into these plans was legendary in the HBA world, and apparently everyone is in unanimous agreement that the plans are simply a joy to behold.... and I'd love to hear what he thought of them.

So at his dining table, surrounded by a toxic death cloud of unfiltered Camel cigarette smoke, I brought them out. I watched him closely as he looked at about half of the 25 or 30 sheets. This old-old-old-school engineer with 60 years of experience looked at me with a smile and in a perfect Cockney accent he said... "That's even a little better than what we had at DeHavilland's".

For those of you who are aware of the legendary quality at DH in the 1950's and 60's, you'll know what a compliment that is.

mullacharjak

You can have any number of plans but it doesnt mean you are going to build a plane.The biggest factor is confusion.
We want too much from our would be creation.When choosing, your own and the aeroplanes limitations should be the deciding factor.The moment we settle for less the confusion is gone.Everyone seems to be born a spitfire pilot but sadly that is not the case.

n45bm

Hi Matthew,

I’d like to buy four please:

Currie Wot
Druine Turbulent
Byron and Falconair HM-290
Flitzer Z-21
Hi BMCJ, Would you consider parting ways with your Druine Turbulent plans? I had a set at one time but sold them years ago and have since regretted it. At the time, I also had plans for the Corby Starlet, which I chose to build instead. The Turbulent has always been a favorite of mine. Thanks.

flitzerpilot

Hi Victor Bravo,

I've just re-read your comments from 2020 regarding the Flitzer Z-21 plan set which I much appreciate. As I may have mentioned they were done in a considerable hurry and were completed in six weeks, although some of the drawings show later dates as they were subsequently revised and improved. As I may have mentioned, the development Flitzer types were drawn over a longer time period and are of better quality altogether. If my plan of living forever works for me, which I am attempting to do one day at a time, I would review all the Z-21 sheets to bring them up to the intended standard. However I happy that they met with your satisfaction meanwhile.

I attach a charming 'action' picture of the Z-1R starting up. This is one of two examples, but sadly the French machine was rolled into a ball when the pilot was demonstrating high speed tail-up runs for about an hour, reportedly with rapid throttle closures , until the inevitable occurred.

Also herewith is a proposed colour scheme for a VW-powered Goblin.

Kind regards, Lynn

Attachments