Van's announces highwing RV-15

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
There is hardly ever a mission described where a 182 isn’t recommended.
The big-block V8 full size pickup of aviation. A straight-tail 182 with some tires on it can do 95% of what a 180 can do, at half the insurance and more convenience to get in and out of.

But back On-Topic, the high wing Van's airplane is likely going to be some amount smaller and lighter.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
My next door hanger skydiving club had a 1959 Cessna 182 with the Cont 520 (280 hp )engine conversion. Plan on an easy 160 mph. It was a hotrod. I liked flying it.

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I have a good friend who is a big-shot surgeon and medical industry innovator who has a Katmai (and a Citation). Swears he's gonna give me a ride one of these days. I remind him frequently that I will give up the ride in the citation for a ride in the Katmai any day.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Can’t believe I not only missed this thread but just found out about this today.

Will be interesting to see the final product and the actual target market.

Kiwi303

Try using the "New Posts" link instead of manually going to each sub-forum you're interested in. Picks up the stuff on the more obscure forums....

Ron Wanttaja

Thats what I do, I don't have the patience to go crawling though the sub-groups of the forum layout when it can all be spoonfed up on a plate.

In fact my browser shortcut to HBA is direct to "New Posts" so I'm right into the search results on arrival.

aroscruz

A Cherokee with full flaps will lift off in 300 feet empty. Put slats on it and maybe 200 feet. There was a low wing rough field STOL with slats called Rallye. SOCATA Rallye family - Wikipedia
From the Manuel de Vol of my Socata 894E 220

T.O. At 15ºC / S.L. Max TOW - 250 meters 900kg TOW - 175 meters
Land. At 15ºC / S.L. Max LW - 150 meters 900kg LW - 135 meters
Cruise 6000ft 75% 245 km/h 40 litres/h
Cruise S.L. 65% 220 km/h 30 litres/h

Empty weight 662 kg Max TOW 1100 kg