• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

VAL COM 760 radio or VAL COM 2000 radio

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Vigilant1

If you buy a new val direct from the company before Dec31 they will give you a discount look under the special button.
Special Offers - VAL Avionics LTD.
Good Luck
Thanks. That puts the VAL COM 2000 at about $900, which is probably the lowest price anywhere for a panel mount. It gets good reviews, and has some nice upgrades from my VAL 760.
If you go with a handheld use a external antenna.
If thinking of getting this handheld-
https://www.pacificcoastavionics.com/products/2987-fta-750l.aspx
Yes, the Yaesu radios get good reviews. The Sporty's SP-400 handheld is also supposed to be good (based on ease of use and tech parameters), but it's a little too big to fit on my panel.

Thanks again.

Matt G.

Thanks. That puts the VAL COM 2000 at about $900, which is probably the lowest price anywhere for a panel mount.
I spent a bit over $500 on a used Becker AR3201 panel mount radio for my glider. It works far better than any handheld will. I have been able to communicate with fellow gliders over 100 miles away on several occasions. Due to the changing channel spacing specifications in Europe, there are tons of good used radios being dumped on the market by glider owners there as they upgrade to new radios with the 8.33kHz channel spacing. Lots of nice Becker, Dittel, and other radios out there that have very low power consumption and won't take up much room.