• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Vacuum bagging for molded composite pieces...are there any decent training videos out there??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cblink.007

I know this is probably a stupid question, but are there any good videos out there that are a good/great "how to" with fabricating & vacuum bagging molded composite pieces? We all know about Building the Rutan Composites and the Mike Arnold AR-5 videos (I have them all and watched them ad nauseum before I did my first-ever layup many years ago), but of the videos I have seen on vacuum bagging and fabricating molded composite pieces, it feels as if alot of detailed steps are missing, namely regarding setup and preparation, and the materials needed. We need good practical input, and unfortunately, my EAA chapter lacks a molded composite SME (I'm actually the resident moldless SME...lol).

I have alot of text on the subject...alot of it, and sure I can probably figure it out on my own, but it would be great if there were some videos out there to help bridge the knowledge gaps and gauge our comprehension.

Thx all in advance, and be safe!!

Back