• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Vacuum bagging do's and donuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foundationer

**** autocorrect!

Anyway. I've a lovely tailplane mould ready to go. Layup is bagging film, Peel ply, carbon, 5mm PVC foam (stabbed all over to let resin flow to the breather from the otherwise sealed side), carbon, Peel ply, perf ply, breather, bag.

What's the secret to guaranteeing all this lies flat? I'm terrified of wrinkles! In the past I've done the outer skin and the foam in one operation, then the inner skin which works great but adds a day and a whole lot of extra work. Recently I've cut that step out but it feels more like luck than judgement has let me get away with it.

Image of new mould & of fin half that I got away with in a single use foam mould.

Attachments

• IMG-20210119-WA0012.jpeg
    IMG-20210119-WA0012.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-20210118-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20210118-WA0004.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 39
Back