• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

V - Witt / Witts V

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was reading some old articles online and this airplane comes up periodically. It seems it never took off or had the success the Sonerai did. I read Steve was real hesitant to push plans because he was trying to perfect a few things.

The wing mounting is odd but clearly successful because it's based on his old racers. Anyone here remember when Steve put the wing tips on or know anything about the decision to do that? Looks similar to the buttercup tips.

The VW. Anyone know anything about that crazy prop extension? Was it machined out of billet or cast and spun?

The landing gear is another bold move. I can post some photos for those how haven't seen it.

It's really an odd airplane and there's just so little information available on it because it never had much success.

Someone here must have been around in the early 70's and looked it over at the shows he went to. Hard to believe it came in at 430 pounds but if it's true Steve would definitely be the guy to do it.

Back