• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Use of carbon fiber pultrusions in extreme lightweight wing construction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickrio

I am looking for Builder logs, Drawings and Specifications for very light airplanes that use carbon fiber pultrusions in wing construction. I want to see what variations have been used to date to utilize the benefits of pultrusions. I am particularly interested in designs that used carbon fiber in the d tube also.

It is probably a pretty short list....

Criteria is:

Must use CF pultrusions in spar caps
Gliders with empty weight of below 220lbs
Motor Gliders with empty weight of below 300lbs
Airplanes with empty weight of below 300lbs

Here is the first airplane, the Monarch... link for Carbon Monarch and Monarch G with an added carbon spar link.
Carbon Monarch Build Log (links to previous pages at bottom of page)
Monarch G Builders Manual
Marske Page on using Carbon Fiber Pultrusion Rods

Back