• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Up to the fourth flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wally

Hi, I got tired of seeing the same title so I thought I would add a new one.

I have flown and landed 4 times and survived each time which is a good thing. My landings are still pretty bad. I think it is going to take some serious landing practice to get good landing my Pitts.

My main issue is still high oil temp so my flights are pretty short. I have a friend who offered me a different oil cooler and I am going to see if it will cool better than the one I have installed.

And the Bendix PS5C carb need some more adjustments, the idle speed is too fast (which contribuites to my bad landings) and it is rich in the middle range too.

Other than that, it is a real blast tooling aound in an open cockpit biplane! It handles very nice just doing easy around the pattern type flying. I havn't "yanked and banked" much and won't until I get some more time in the plane.

Best wishes to all,
Wally

Back