• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

undercamber VS. flat bottom (airfoils not fannies)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radioinred

Hi all, Im the kid who is designing the UL bipe with the little 250 snowmobile engine. I am currently looking for the best airfoil for my wings. Things I know: 1) I want to cruise at or around 55mph 2) MTOW is 600lbs 3) horsepower is about 27 with redrive and powerfin.

I have been going back and forth between an undercambered or flat bottom airfoil like clark y. Will the undercamber create too much drag or is the stability more important at this slower airspeed?

Here are some quick drawings.....

Attachments

• 000_0028.jpg
    000_0028.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5,274
  • 000_0017.jpg
    000_0017.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 4,783
  • Biplane airfoil.jpg
    Biplane airfoil.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 17,924
Back