UN hails end of poisonous leaded gas use in cars worldwide

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

rv6ejguy

HBA Supporter
A new AOPA podcast has the GAMI head discussing their new UL avgas. Unfortunately pretty deadly to watch due to the poor production and synching of clips and audio:

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Unfortunately pretty deadly to watch due to the....
....85 minutes of life span it takes to say what could probably be presented in less than 10 minutes? (haven't, and won't, watch)
In 85 minutes I can mow the lawn, sharpen the blade and change the oil on the mower. Some of these YouTubers need to decide if they are offering entertainment or information and quit mixing the two very different goals.
The first thing I check when I click on a YouTube video is the time.

end RANT.

Bill-Higdon

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
^
One of the most annoying web sites I've ever encountered. Kind of a slow motion storybook version of aircraft Vaporware. But...............

If the claims are correct it could be a game changing technology provided the cost of electricity remains low enough to keep their $0.01 cost advantage substantially intact. I suspect their process is limited to straight chain HC?

I really hope I'm wrong but his old cynical nose gets a whiff of something similar to Theranos.

tspear

@Hot Wings

I did a web search. One pundit review of the company said yes it works, the pundit claimed to have watched the process in person. However, the 1 cent a gallon cheaper is using a series of subsidies and grants to cover the a portion of the CapEx to build the plant, and oil is about $80 a BBL.

No idea on the veracity, of any of it.

Tim