• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ultralight with dual inline motors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdwalker

I would like to design my ultralight with dual motors but have them in-line with each other rather than say, one on each wing. The motors would likely be rotax 277 (27 hp). They would be placed either with one on the nose and one at wing height right behind the cockpit, or both behind the wing. In the later case, the part of the fuselage that extends back towards the tail would be made up of two parts (One on each side of the propeller blades), and instead of meeting the middle of the tail, each one would meet at one side of the tail. My reason for wanting two motors is obvious, possibility of engine failure. That paired with a parachute and I would feel really safe. Please, let me know your thoughts!

Back