• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ultralight Trike for experience pilot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywardbound172

Hello all!!

I have been looking at Ultralight Trikes for a few weeks now and I have some general questions for anyone who has flown a Trike and also flow other aircraft.

Im an experienced pilot with over 4,000 hrs of flying a current airline pilot and experienced GA pilot. I have flown a quicksilver, variety of sport aircraft and every Cessna and Piper product imaginable, I have several hundred hours of tailwheel experience along with racing motorcycles and a background in welding and metal fabrication. Not trying to brag just give some history.

I have never flow a weight shift control aircraft or been hang gliding, and I know that an superior pilot uses his superior experience and superior judgement to never have to demonstrate his superior skills SOOOO is there anyone with trike experience that could shed some light on performance and or flight characteristics on an ultralight trike (single seat, beginner wing 35 HP engine).

Could anyone suggest good reading training materials for weight shift control?

Thanks for the consideration, looking forward to being part of the community!

CT

Back