Ultralight Airplane Workshop on Youtube

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Mohawk750

Gentlemen, here is the link to website. All of Leon's videos are hosted on Youtube....you don't need to go on Facebook.

I've been going through he UWS-4 design series which is based off of Dan Raymer's book on design for homebuilders. It' actually making me think! Anyone who is serious about wanting to lear what it takes to even get through the conceptual design of an aircraft will learn something from this series.

wanttobuild

The youtube series of videos is an excellent learning tool. If you don't want to view the videos, Great. Why try to deter others from learning?
Professionally done in a clear, consice manner, without a bunch of smart ass comments. A breath of fresh air.

Ried

I've been going through he UWS-4 design series which is based off of Dan Raymer's book on design for homebuilders. It' actually making me think! Anyone who is serious about wanting
I did look at the site very briefly. Did not see UWS-4. Only saw UWS-1, -2, & -3. Is there a different tab?

Mohawk750

I did look at the site very briefly. Did not see UWS-4. Only saw UWS-1, -2, & -3. Is there a different tab?
Oddly the videos are on Youtube but not on the website?? Its a series of 4 videos that take you through the design process covered in Dan Raymers book but specifically adapted to a Part 103 UL design. Just search it up on Youtube. I've actually corresponded with Leon and I will mention the missing link.

Yellowhammer

HBA Supporter
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
Gentlemen, here is the link to website. All of Leon's videos are hosted on Youtube....you don't need to go on Facebook.

I've been going through he UWS-4 design series which is based off of Dan Raymer's book on design for homebuilders. It' actually making me think! Anyone who is serious about wanting to lear what it takes to even get through the conceptual design of an aircraft will learn something from this series.

Thanks Mowhawk!!!

wanttobuild

Leon is a first class gentleman. IMHO, Leon is taking ultralight airplane design and construction to a new level of accessibility. Holding your hand walking through all kinds of aspects of construction and design.
When you combine the awesome forum here on HBA and the Ultralight Airplane Workshop website and videos, maybe the necessary knowledge is now becoming available to a larger group of interested folks.
Hopefully a new era of Ultralight Aircraft can be safely constructed, properly managed and piloted, and enjoyed by a new generation.
I know Leon has had a profound impact on my thought process in designing the Skydog. I have discovered many aspects of the design that I can tweak to increase efficiency by drag and weight reduction, wing planform, engine selection, propeller selection, and on and on.
I didn't know wing tips for example, played such a major role in drag reduction, thereby increasing efficiency.
The Skydog will benefit directly from the efforts of Mr. Leon.