Ultra rookie

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pchelandenny

Lifetime Supporter
-can You translate,Chelan ?

BTW=it is second possibility=to conserve orginal KASPERWING wing dimensiones,but little modyfied=wires=tubes,kingpostless,
simplified cloth sewing...
Yes, Henryk:

The Zenoah, for its time, was determined to be the best engine available for the Kasperwing 'motorglider.' I think Steve's initial idea was to have a lightweight motor that enabled the pilot to take his flying wing up high enough to cut the engine and then either ridge soar or perhaps catch thermals. The Zenoah was adequate for that purpose. To use the Kasperwing purely as a motorized ultralight, the Zenoah is probably inadequate long term, it's hard to find parts for this engine and the life span is quite low. Therefore, my comment was more about thinking of upgrading the engine to something 'better.'

pchelandenny

Lifetime Supporter
I think I might understand chelan if what your saying is it is possible as long as I’m competent and I am that I can competantly make a slightly modified but more rigid wing of my own and eliminate the cables and king post??
I have access to a Kawasaki 400 and if I can builds more durable and extremely safe machine that I can revive a more BARNSTORM STYLE of flying. That is honestly the visions I see in my future!!
Reality though I just wanna get in the air and I have to do it as cheap as I can!!
Gotta ask how that glider steers?
And Im jelouse of your collection!
RaceKar6: Anything is possible and, if you have access to the Kawasaki 400(?), then you have a couple of the main ingredients necessary. From experience, I would suggest sticking with the original design (either the A or B model) and use the recommended materials, tubing, fasteners, cable, etc. Although some may be excited about your upcoming endeavor, keep in mind that suggestions for changes or modifications may come from their years and years of experience, fabrication, and testing of certain aircraft. Also: From experience--and I am sure a lot of people on this forum may agree--there is nothing down and dirty, inexpensive, or cheap about this sport. These things are sorta like a BOAT...and we all know what that means.

The roll and yaw of the Kasperwing is controlled by the wingtip rudders, which use cables tied back into the yoke to open and close the rudders. The pitch is weight shift. There are several videos posted on Kasperwing.com as well as videos posted on the 'Olsonspeed' YouTube channel. In addition to Jack producing some great Kasperwing videos, he has been involved in the sport of hanggliding and flying ultralights from the very beginning. He was right there with Steve during the developmental days, way back when...

pchelandenny

Lifetime Supporter
-orginal KASPERWING wing frame tubes= 38 x 1 and 40 x 1 mm...?
Spar tubes, including oversleeves, etc. consisted of 6061-T6 aluminum, which was anodized. The inboard tubing is 1 5/8" dia. with a .058 wall thickness and the outboard section was made up of 1 1/2" x .049 wall tubing, with 1 5/8 oversleeves at outer strut locations. There are interior reinforcement plugs at various points along the spars. The cage, which you have, is made almost entirely of 1" 6061-T6 aluminum with .058 wall thickness. I think your cage has the original rear landing gear on it, so you may have a bit of the 4130 Chromoly rear axle strut and diagonal, which are 5/8" diameter with an .035 wall.

henryk

The Zenoah,
-auer old ZENOAH in GREEN K-W with CR Propellers +Diff.Gear generate 80 kG thrust force...

BTW=we continue tests of auer puls bumper...

soon will be installed on the SMART small car...

=iff instal into KASPERWING undercarrige,for VERTICAL landings ?

Attachments

Last edited: